Wednesday, August 15, 2012

waffle knit dishcloth pattern


Here is the direct link for: Waffle Knit Dishcloth Pattern.

This pattern comes from the blog, Homespun Living. Its author, Deb, sells her wares, like these dishcloths, in her Firefly Farm shop. She was kind to share her favorite dishcloth pattern, her own pattern using the raised box stitch. She says, "using the raised box stitch gives the dishcloth a great waffle texture. For anyone interested in making it, I would like to share the pattern." I love the texture of this dishcloth!

The directions are simple and straight forward. I have made one and a half so far. I am using the same yarn I used for the leaf dishcloths back in June of this summer, a cotton worsted yarn I bought at Michael's for dirt cheap (a dishcloth joke).

Deb suggests knitting several of these and including a bottle of Mrs. Meyers dish soap for a useful Christmas gift. In natural colors, they would also make for wonderful face cloths too.


The red pin award for great and simple pattern! Quick and easy gift ideas. And some simple, no-thinking knitting!






Happy pinning!



8 comments:

  1. I would love to know what yarn was used for the variegated cloth on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a cotton yarn I had picked up at either Michaels or JoAnns a while ago, not sure if they still have it or not. I knitting and crocheting a bunch of washcloths as a way to use up my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You I have been looking for it. It just caught my eye. I am making these using your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link to the blog with the pattern is above, right under the photo. Let me know if you still have troubles. Thanks for the inquiry!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the sweet note. So glad you enjoyed it. It is a fun pattern and easy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete